harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Loenko" <mloe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [build][doc]wrong directory structure in snapshots
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2007 04:50:11 GMT
Will we pack release notes to the bundle or put it to the downloads page on the
web site?

If we put it to the bundle we will have to make some integrity testing
after that

For the what's new section I suggest
- Overall stability was improved, e.g. majority of the known crash
bugs were fixed
- GCv5 is now default GC (XiaoFeng might provide wording)
- ByteCode verifier is now functionally complete
- StackOverflow handling in VM is implemented
- Threading subsystem was partially redesigned to improve its stability
- Memory consumption was significantly improved (VM/JIT parts
redesign, memory leaks were fixed in threading)
- JIT optimizations implemented/improved: Array Bound Check
Elimination, Profile-guided devirtualization of abstract and virtual
calls, Graph-coloring register allocator for Jitrino.OPT
- API completeness came to 99.06% (without endorsed specs), incomplete
API is in swing mostly

Thanks,
Mikhail