harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Loenko" <mloe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] Harmony M2 schedule
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2007 03:55:12 GMT
Let's have end of month (June, 30?) as a release date. Now we need to
define a date for code freeze (when only critical bugs are fixed) and
define how we will commit between code freeze and release (each commit
approved by one more committer?)

I think the code freeze date should depend on the longest test cycle
we have (I've seen somewhere about 48-hour scenarios?) and be ~2-3
cycles (1 week?) prior the release.

We also need a feature freeze date (1-2 weeks prior code freeze?) when
no major changes or redesigns are allowed.

And we need to set up requirements for the release. We already see a
good wish-list here. The only concern I have is that its focus is
almost everything: stability, performance, and completeness. Though I
completely agree with each of these directions, I have a feeling that
having everything in focus means not having a focus.

So I propose that we go this way: we have directions, we already
discussed them many times. Now let's create requirements based on the
list of directions: *each person who adds something to requirements is
committing to and will be responsible for meeting that requirement*

The requirements could be to have something specific in stability,
have something specific in performance, completeness, java6, etc

Once we compose a list, say 1..N of requirements, we create keys or
tags for JIRA, say M2-REQ1, ..., M2-REQN and mark bugs affecting
requirements with these key words. So each person would easily find
bugs affecting requirements he is responsible for.

Comments? Requirement proposals?

Thanks,
Mikhail