harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Stepan Mishura" <stepan.mish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][build] difference between classlib 'debug' and 'release' build modes
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2007 02:27:32 GMT
> Alexei Zakharov wrote:
> > The reason of these failures lies in fdlibm indeed. Yes, it was
> > tweaked to use "-O0" but there was a typo in this tweak and it does
> > not affect the compilation. As a result fdlibm was compiled with "-O1"
> > as all other natives. I has created HARMONY-4287 and attached a patch
> > for this issue. The patch itself is trivial:
> <snip>
> >
> > So I suggest to commit it and include into our M2 build. Waiting for
> > other committer's vote...
>
> A dumb question but does it fix the problem?

I've run classlib tests with the patch applied and these failures disappeared.

> It's been like that since
> r483045 (i.e. before M1).  I'm surprised we didn't find it when testing
> that.

I'm afraid but it looks like in M1 we relied on CC status - I created
snapshots when all CCs were up (this includes classlib tests). And CC
runs classlib tests on debug build so they passed.

BTW, this is a good example for obtaining all milestone's results with
the snapshot build.

Thanks,
Stepan.