harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Stepan Mishura" <stepan.mish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][security]Question about AlgNameMapper to get information from loaded security providers.
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2007 06:58:09 GMT
>  Hi, Stepan:
>      What I am worrying is that since the provider will give specific
> mappings, if a new provider is added, do we need also to append its specific
> mappings to AlgNameMapper?

I'm not sure that is needed  to implement dynamic set of mappings in
AlgNameMapper (i.e. adding/removing a provider changes the set).  I
think the class implementation was based on assumption that all
required providers were installed before so it doesn't make sense to
track newly added providers. But if there is an app. that relies on
such behavior then we may consider to implement it.

BTW, you may wish to test RI to see its behavior in this case.

Thanks,
Stepan