harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Morozova, Nadezhda" <nadezhda.moroz...@intel.com>
Subject RE: Re: [site][doc] improving sitemap
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2007 07:46:13 GMT
>Nadya, what do you mean by "shorter sitemap"? Is it that only
>descriptions become shorter or you killed a couple of unpopoular links
>too?
Oh :) I only mean organizing links to take less space and making
descriptions shorter, not erasing links. If the sitemap is not a
complete list of all pages, what's the point?
A couple of links are also inside a paragraph, not on their own (for
example, the Getting Started with Eclipse link has a link to the eclipse
movie in its description); but that's not common practice.

>> I like an idea to remove a control bar from the map to make a layout
>compact.
Actually, removing the control bar was only because I placed only one
page, not the whole site on the share. I'm not planning to remove the
left navigation bar - it is always a part of site except when you print
a page. I don't think it's a big issue. And again, when all pages of a
website have the same layout except one given page, this attracts
unneeded attention.

Cheers,
Nadya