harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Morozova, Nadezhda" <nadezhda.moroz...@intel.com>
Subject RE: [general] Harmony M2 schedule
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2007 11:18:54 GMT
>> One more question:
>> should the reqs (goals) be on website or wiki?
>
>I'd expect them to be on the wiki, but whatever.

+1. Wiki can give the flexibility of updating/discussing requirements
and their labels, and we could also store key points of the M2
discussion there. I think we did use Wiki to summarize dev-list
discussions before.

Cheers,
Nadya

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/harmony/standard/site/docs/m2.html?view=co

>>> I have a problem with the way the requirements are being stated for
M2.
>>>  Maybe it is just the terminology I'm uncomfortable with, that they
are
>>> being stated as 'requirements' and not 'goals'.
>>>
>>> What happens if these requirements are not met?  Do you slip the
date of

>> It's probably just the terminology. No, I'm not suggesting slipping
the
>> date.
>
>Ok, then I'm fine with the idea, and apologies for the
misunderstanding.
>  To my ear, a 'requirement' is mandatory/necessary, whereas a 'goal'
is
>an aim/direction.
>
>Having goals and themes that we work towards for the milestones is
quite
>reasonable.  People will work on whatever their 'itch' dictates, but it
>is fine to allow people to declare what they are working towards.  Just
>to be clear, we would not stop people working on a problem because it
>does not fit in with a written goal.
>
>>> M2 or drop some requirements?  I would suggest that instead we have
>>> timeboxed stable development cycles, and plan what should get into
each
>>> stable milestone.
>>>
>>> I still haven't heard a good reason why these should be put into
JIRA
>>> titles either.  Can't we just agree that a JIRA should be in
Milestone