harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew Zhang" <zhanghuang...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [buildtest][harness][p-unit] performance measurement infrastructure
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2007 14:14:32 GMT
On 6/26/07, Alexei Fedotov <alexei.fedotov@gmail.com> wrote:

> Andrew,
>
> I haven't tried demo yet. I've noticed that you added a test for new
> functionality and decided to try it. I looked for
> trunk/punit.test/README.txt, then tried to find test targets in
> build.xml files. Finally I've tried Eclipse test runner:
>
> 1. Started Eclipse with the workspace set to trunk/
> 2. Added punit, punit.extension, punit.samples, punit.test to the project
> tree.
> 3. Built punit and punit.extension by means of Ant.
> 4. Pressed right mouse button over punit.test and selected Run as -> JUnit
> test

Hi Alexei,

You can  select tests.api.org.punit.all.AllTests, and select Run As -> JUnit
test to run all tests by JUnit, or  select
tests.api.org.punit.all.PUnitAllTests and select Run As -> Java Application
to run all tests by p-unit.

5. Among 113 testcases 6 testcases testcases of
> tests.api.org.punit.testclasses.JUnitAnnotationTestClass reported an
> error.

It's a "bug"... the problem of method signature. :)

6. Also I see that tests.api.org.punit.testclasses.LoopTestClass was
> absent in the test run results.

SoloRunnerTest#testRunLoopTest and ConcurrentRunnerTest#testRunLoopTest test
the  LoopTestClass. LoopTestSample in punit.samples shows how to run a Loop
test.

When I ran both problematic classes as standalone applications I could
> see that testcases pass. That's make me think that the test design is
> ok, but it is not aligned with what Eclipse expects.
>
> To summarize, I see errors and missed tests. This might be a bug, or
> just I don't know enough details on how to run all tests.

It's because of my poor documentation. Sorry! Thanks!