harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew Zhang" <zhanghuang...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [buildtest][harness] performance measurement infrastructure
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2007 07:37:42 GMT
On 6/21/07, Alexei Fedotov <alexei.fedotov@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Vladimir,
>
> Could yout please give few hints how one should write performance
> tests using the harness? I found an option "-performance" but cannot
> see anything else. I wonder how a testcase could report a performance
> metrics.
>
> Actually I'm thinking now of reviving comparative stress testing approach.

Hi Alexei,

Do you have a chance to look at p-unit, (http://p-unit.sourceforge.net/)?

I think it fulfills most of the requests listed in the documents.

Another advantage of p-unit is that it can compare the performance between
different vms.

One problem may be the license (GPL now, going to change the license to GPL
v3). If we really take it serious, I can relicense it immediately.

[1]

--
Best regards,
Andrew Zhang