harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Pavel Ozhdikhin" <pavel.ozhdik...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] Harmony M2 schedule
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2007 06:34:09 GMT
Mikhail,

Thanks for capturing the requirements. IMO the requirements still lack
good tests to ensure stability and reliability. I propose to include
the following recently accepted tests:

1. VM validation test suite - http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-3206
2. Functional test suite - http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-3528
3. Stress tests - http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-3536
4. Reliability test - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-2918

Olegs seems proposed a reasonable target for the tests-  98% pass rate
of all valid tests from these test suites.

Thanks,
Pavel

> I've captured all the proposed requirements and schedule here [1]
> (it should appear shortly, until that you may find it here [2])
>
> The requirements do not look quite aggressive, can we do more
> by the end of month?
>
> Should I put there names of the people who proposed requirements?
>
> Sure, we can use "Due Before" field to mark JIRA issues, what is the most
> natural way to find which bugs affect some specific requirement?
>
> I personally don't like having many [sometext] in JIRA summary...
> Maybe we can add some specific text to comments?
>
> For example if requirements have names, we could add comments like
> "this one badly affects M2-REQ1" to JIRA and then use e.g. M2-REQ1 as
> a search string.
>
> The only problem I see with that is that people could drop dash or misspell
> the name in other way, and these bugs might be overlooked. Though the
> due before field won't probably allow us to overlook...
>
> Opinions?
>
> Thanks,
> Mikhail
>
> [1] http://harmony.apache.org/m2.html
> [2] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/harmony/standard/site/docs/m2.html?view=co
>
> 2007/6/5, Rana Dasgupta <rdasgupt@gmail.com>:
> > 2 months sounds like a reasonable interval. How about just expanding
> > the jira to mark milestone..(.in fact existing fields like "Due
> > Before" etc. could be used)...but keeping the milestone requirement
> > list on the Wiki?

> > > that makes sense, sounds good, thanks

and

is good.