harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] new snapshot for M2
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2007 16:08:53 GMT
Stepan Mishura wrote:
>> Mikhail Loenko wrote:
>> > We have fixed regression in beans and will build one more snapshot.
>> >
>> > Anything else identified as "to be fixed in M2"?
>>
>> I think we are still investigating some potential fixes, like StrictMath
>> and more in Beans; and there are some longer running tests still going
>> (at least I don't remember seeing Tatyana's results).
>>

> How log we should be open for 'the last fix in M2'?

As long as it takes to get a stable build.

> May be it makes sense to start testing cycle with new milestone
> candidate. And if we get investigation results in short time we can
> interrupt testing, commit required fixes and start from the beginning.

The fixes that have gone into the current candidate should not affect
the ongoing testing, otherwise we would stop early and respin the build.

If you have spare cycles to do more testing then maybe you could test
the current candidate some more. I think that would of greater value
than overlapping the same tests on a new candidate that will be
essentially the same.

Regards,
Tim