harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][awt] Default fonts needed for headless support (was Re:[contributions][awt] Font library)
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2007 20:53:07 GMT
Dmitriy Matveev wrote:
> If we want to draw a text in headless mode with font library, we need a
> folder jre/lib/fonts, a set of base fonts in that folder and .properties
> file for this fonts.

Creating the directory and properties file should be no problem, but...

> This set of fonts should have the same garniture for all included fonts and
> dissimilar styles (Regular, Bold, Italic, Bold Italic).

I've no idea, as Alexey wrote, I assume we need to find fonts we can
redistribute, right?

> Now fontlib can not works without X-server because the information about
> location of the fonts is still a question. Fontlib has now the default font
> that used when we cann't take a needed font (Courier for now), but it also
> may be absent on any OS (WinXP for example).

Sorry, not something I know about.  If we had a set of fonts I guess we
could use those headless, unless somebody knows how to find them without
X-server.

Regards,
Tim