harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][drlvm] classlib test tests.api.java.util.BitSetTest failed today on all platforms
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2007 09:35:39 GMT
Tim Ellison wrote:
> Vladimir Ivanov wrote:
>> Hello,
>> the classlib test tests.api.java.util.BitSetTest failed for me today
>> on all platforms on DRLVM with log:
>>
>> Test: test_ConstructorIClass: tests.api.java.util.BitSetTest
>> java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
>>     <no stack trace available>
>>
>> Could someone reproduce/ take care about it?
>
> I'll take a look

Creating a "new BitSet(Integer.MAX_VALUE)" works ok using the IBM VME,
but causes an OutOfMemoryError running the same code on DRLVM.  The RI
also fails with OOME, so I modified the test to ignore OOMEs.

The test was introduced for a regression case that threw
NegativeArraySizeException, so the modification should be ok.

Please check with code >= r547589.

Regards,
Tim