harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject [announce] New Apache Harmony Committers : Andrew Zhang, Leo Li, Mikhail Fursov, Tony Wu, Vladimir Ivanov
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2007 08:42:24 GMT
Please join the Apache Harmony PMC in welcoming the project's newest
committers :

Andrew Zhang
Leo Li
Mikhail Fursov
Tony Wu
Vladimir Ivanov

These five individuals have shown sustained dedication to the project,
an ability to work well with others, and share the common vision we have
for Harmony. We all continue to expect great things from them.

You should have already received your new committer account information,
as a first step to test your almighty powers of committitude, please
update the committers page on the website.  That should be a good (and
harmless) exercise to test if everything is working.

Things to do :

1) test ssh-ing to the server people.apache.org.
2) Change your login password on the machine
3) Add a public key to .ssh so you can stop using the password
4) Set your SVN password  : just type 'svnpasswd'

At this point, you should be good to go.  Checkout the website from svn
and update it.  See if you can figure out how.

Be sure that anything you have checked out of SVN has been checked out
via 'https' and not 'http' or you can't check in. You can switch using
"svn switch". (See the manual)

Finally, although you now have the ability to commit, please remember :

1) Continue being as transparent and communicative as possible.  You
earned committer status in part because of your engagement with others.
While it was a  "have to" situation because you had to submit patches
and defend them, but we believe it is a "want to".  Community is the key
to any Apache project.

2) We don't want anyone going off and doing lots of work locally, and
then committing.  Committing is like voting in Chicago - do it early and
often.  Of course, you don't want to break the build, but keep the
"commit bombs" to an absolute minimum, and warn the community if you are
going to do it - we may suggest it goes into a branch at first.  Use
branches if you need to.

3) Always remember that you can **never** commit code that comes from
someone else, even a co-worker.  All code from someone else must be
submitted by the copyright holder (either the author or author's
employer, depending) as a JIRA, and then follow up with the required
ACQs and BCC.

Again, thanks for your hard work so far, and welcome!

The Apache Harmony PMC