harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] RFC Copyright statements in THIRD_PARTY_NOTICES file
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2007 13:21:06 GMT
Sian January wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have found a few things that needed to be added to the
> THIRD_PARTY_NOTICES
> file recently, and have now come across five different RFCs that we
> reference in Harmony.  These specifications all have the same copyright
> statment apart from the date (see below for an example).  So I was thinking
> that instead of having five or more copies of the copyright statement it
> might be possible to combine them and do something like this with the date:
> "(1998-2002)" or "(1998, 2000, 2001, 2002)".  Do either of these sound
> reasonable or is this something we need to ask the Apache legal people
> about?

We should reproduce the full copyright statement each time, then have a
single copy of the terms; e.g.

RFCnnnn  Copyright (C) The Internet Society (xxxx). All Rights Reserved.
RFCmmmm  Copyright (C) The Internet Society (yyyy-zzzz). All Rights
Reserved.
The following statement applies to each RFC:

This document and translations...

Regards,
Tim