harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] Harmony M2 schedule
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2007 10:59:30 GMT
Mikhail Loenko wrote:
> I've added new requirements from this thread to [1,2]
>
> I've also put names of the requirements.
> We may use these names in comments to JIRAs to simplify search.
>
> Please comment
>
> Thanks,
> Mikhail
>
> [1] http://harmony.apache.org/m2.html
> [2] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/harmony/standard/site/docs/m2.html?view=co

I have a problem with the way the requirements are being stated for M2.
 Maybe it is just the terminology I'm uncomfortable with, that they are
being stated as 'requirements' and not 'goals'.

What happens if these requirements are not met?  Do you slip the date of
M2 or drop some requirements?  I would suggest that instead we have
timeboxed stable development cycles, and plan what should get into each
stable milestone.

I still haven't heard a good reason why these should be put into JIRA
titles either.  Can't we just agree that a JIRA should be in Milestone
'X' or not?  Are you looking to group the JIRA issues into themes?

Regards,
Tim