harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] Harmony M2 schedule
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2007 10:30:48 GMT
Pavel Ozhdikhin wrote:
> A "Developer" field will be helpful as well. A developer who did
> initial evaluation and set a milestone for the issue may put his/her
> name there and an estimate when he/she may start working on this
> issue. Thus the submitter gets a clue when the issue will be resolved
> and may adjust the priority accordingly or discuss the issue with the
> developer.

What's wrong with simply adding a comment to the JIRA?  e.g. I'm working
on this and plan to get it into Milestone X.

> As a developer I often need to discuss the issue with
> another developer who has an expertise in this area and the
> "developer" field will help me to identify the proper person. Another
> developer may pick the issue, put his name into "developer" field and
> fix it earlier.

I think there is great value in having that conversation here on the
list rather that privately with the developer.  That way we all learn,
and you never know, maybe even contribute to the solution<g>

Regards,
Tim