harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [drlvm] Assertion when launching with a simple launcher
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2007 09:40:09 GMT
Mikhail Fursov wrote:
> On 6/5/07, Alexey Varlamov <alexey.v.varlamov@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Why EM is different from other VM component in regards to
>> localization? If someone is interested in getting verbose VM output
>> localized, it would not be good mixing lingos for them.
>> Anyway, as Gregory pointed out, general problem remains - then we
>> should drop localization in all plugguble components (GC, JIT etc).
>> I suggest we think of fixing localization/logging instead.
>

> I'm OK fixing it in either way, but not leaving it as it is.
> What will be the next step?

I think the next step should be to fix DRLVM so that it doesn't always
rely on classlib and launcher in assigning values to key
org.apache.harmony.* properties. It should have reasonable defaults for
them in JNI_CreateJavaVM before parsing command line that launcher gives
to it (so that it is possible to override them with -D).

--
Gregory