harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] Harmony M2 schedule
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2007 10:35:29 GMT
Mikhail Loenko wrote:
> it has been a while since we made our first milestone...
>
> Since that we have already fixed 250+ issues and we are continuing
> doing good job :)
>
> Let's plan the next release. We had some discussion on desired frequency
> of the milestones and I saw opinions 1 month, 2 months, 1 quarter. So that
> 2mo seems to be an average.

I like 2 months, it is a good balance between giving people time to get
interesting pieces of functionality in, while also ensuring we don't get
too far off track wrt stability and shipping something.  From a consumer
pov, having a new stable build every two months also sounds about right.

> If we go with 2mo interval, than M2 should be somewhere
> at the end of June. I suggest that we agree on some date and then
> agree what should be our focus for M2.
>
> After that we review current bugs and mark those that we want to fix
> by the milestone.

Sure.  I volunteer to create some targets in JIRA if people want to
track issues explicitly that way.

> My opinion wrt the focus is we should continue improving stability
> as measured by ability to run real apps. And we probably should fight
> against crashes as the most annoying type of failures.
>
> opinions?

Fixing bugs and stability is always a good goal.  Beyond that we should
aim to complete more of the Java 6 work, merge in some of the bulk
contributions, enable more excluded tests, and set ourselves some
completeness and performance goals (even if that is just 'no regressions').
Once we agree on the timescale we can be explicit about the goals.

Regards,
Tim