harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Tony Wu" <wuyue...@gmail.com>
Subject [general]Problem when merge updates from trunk to branch, Was: [classlib][test] Using exclude lists
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2007 07:05:10 GMT
Hi all,

I restructured the folder structure yesterday with "svn move" on
trunk, then when I try to merge this modification to branch, I came
across this problem: the files only exist in branch are disappeared.

I did a test on my local subversion repository and proved this problem,

I have an empty dir on http://localhost/repos/trunk/dir1 and a branch
with one extra file in it, called OnlyInBranch(
http://localhost/repos/branch/dir1/OnlyInBranch )

so the dir structure is looked like below,

trunk/dir1
branch/dir1
               -OnlyInBranch

I moved the dir on trunk with "svn mv dir1 dir2 -m log" and record the
revision, say r1000

Then I enter the local working copy of branch and try to merge the
modification of r1000, "svn merge http://localhost/repos/trunk -r
999:1000 ." I got following result,

D    dir1\OnlyInBranch
D    dir1
A    dir2

The file OnlyInBranch is deleted, I think it is not reasonable for us,
did I miss anything? Do you have any idea to merge these restructured
directories?

--
Tony Wu
China Software Development Lab, IBM