harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Dmitriy Matveev" <matveev.dmit...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib][awt] Default fonts needed for headless support (was Re:[contributions][awt] Font library)
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2007 14:02:03 GMT
If we want to draw a text in headless mode with font library, we need a
folder jre/lib/fonts, a set of base fonts in that folder and .properties
file for this fonts.
This set of fonts should have the same garniture for all included fonts and
dissimilar styles (Regular, Bold, Italic, Bold Italic).

Now fontlib can not works without X-server because the information about
location of the fonts is still a question. Fontlib has now the default font
that used when we cann't take a needed font (Courier for now), but it also
may be absent on any OS (WinXP for example).

Thx,
Dmitriy