harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Dmitriy Matveev" <matveev.dmit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [contributions][awt] Font library
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2007 12:52:51 GMT
If we want to draw a text in headless mode with font library, we need a
folder jre/lib/fonts, a set of base fonts in that folder and a .properties
file for this fonts.
This set of fonts should have a same garniture for all included fonts and
dissimilar styles (Regular, Bold, Italic, Bold Italic).

Now fontlib can not works without X-server because the information about
location of the fonts is still a question. Fontlib has now the default font
that used when we cann't take a needed font (Courier for now), but it also
may be absent on any OS (WinXP for example).

Thx,
Dmitriy