harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "chunrong lai" <chunrong...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] VM crashes on 3 tests from DRLVM Validation test suite
Date Wed, 09 May 2007 02:42:12 GMT
     I just checked the IterateOverHeap/IterateInstances issue.  I found the
problem is not in GCv5 but in the tag setting of the JVMTI environment.
    In my experiments there is assertion failure in
assert(global_ti_env->tags) at vm_iterate_object(), which probably means no
tag setting before gc_iterate_heap().

    GCv4.1 has not this problem because it initializes the
jvmti_heap_iteration as false, which means the heap is not iterated, so no
vm_iterate_ovject() is called, even if JVMTI environment askes it to do.
Instead I did not see GCv5 has internal problem in gc_iterate_heap().

    So I am also looking for your suggestion for below options (1) Set
jvmti_heap_iteration of GCv5 with false as GCv4.1. (2) Discard the assertion
in vm_iterate_object. (3) Rewrite the test case to set tag before
gc_iterate_heap().

-regards,
chunrong