harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [drlvm] Assertion when launching with a simple launcher
Date Thu, 31 May 2007 13:42:57 GMT
Oliver Deakin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was taking a look at HARMONY-4006 and thought I'd try creating a
> simple launcher as a test. I updated my federated build checkout and
> rebuilt everything, giving me the usual hdk structure under the target
> directory (drlvm+classlib). I can successfully use the Harmony launcher
> to run simple classes (i.e. HelloWorld) but when I try to run HelloWorld
> using my own launcher I get the following message:
>
>  EM: Can't read configuration from './client.emconf'
>
> and an assertion pop-up window appears giving me the following information:
>
>  Debug Assertion Failed!
>  Program: C:\harmony\temp\jnitest\simpleLaunchFederated.exe
>  File: dbgheap.c
>  Line: 1132
>  Expression: _CrtIsValidHeapPointer(pUserData)
>
> The stack trace windbg shows me at the point of assertion is:
>
>  ntdll!DbgBreakPoint
>  ntdll!RtlpBreakPointHeap+0x28
>  ntdll!RtlpValidateHeapEntry+0x113
>  ntdll!RtlValidateHeap+0xe0
>  kernel32!HeapValidate+0x14
>  em!_CrtIsValidHeapPointer+0xa4
> [f:\vs70builds\3077\vc\crtbld\crt\src\dbgheap.c @ 1807]
>  em!_free_dbg_lk+0x102 [f:\vs70builds\3077\vc\crtbld\crt\src\dbgheap.c @
> 1132]
>  em!_free_dbg+0x41 [f:\vs70builds\3077\vc\crtbld\crt\src\dbgheap.c @ 1070]
>  em!operator delete+0xaa
> [f:\vs70builds\3077\vc\crtbld\crt\src\dbgdel.cpp @ 54]
>  em!std::allocator<char>::deallocate+0x17 [c:\program files\microsoft
> visual studio .net 2003\vc7\include\xmemory @ 132]
>  em!std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char>

>  >::_Tidy+0x66 [c:\program files\microsoft visual studio .net
> 2003\vc7\include\xstring @ 1519]
>  em!std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char>

>  >::~basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char>

>  >+0x1a [c:\program files\microsoft visual studio .net
> 2003\vc7\include\xstring @ 458]
>  em!LogParams::~LogParams+0x44
> [c:\harmony\svn-checkouts\federated\working_vm\vm\port\include\logparams.h
> @ 54]
>  em!readFile+0x54b
> [c:\harmony\svn-checkouts\federated\working_vm\vm\em\src\drlemimpl.cpp @
> 332]
>  em!DrlEMImpl::readConfiguration+0x366
> [c:\harmony\svn-checkouts\federated\working_vm\vm\em\src\drlemimpl.cpp @
> 355]
>  em!DrlEMImpl::init+0x48
> [c:\harmony\svn-checkouts\federated\working_vm\vm\em\src\drlemimpl.cpp @
> 364]
>  em!DrlEMFactory::createAndInitEMInstance+0xa9
> [c:\harmony\svn-checkouts\federated\working_vm\vm\em\src\drlemimpl.cpp @
> 55]
>  em!CreateInstance+0x3c
> [c:\harmony\svn-checkouts\federated\working_vm\vm\em\src\em_intf.cpp @ 132]
>  harmonyvm!CmCreateInstance+0xac
> [c:\harmony\svn-checkouts\federated\working_vm\vm\vmstart\src\compmgr\component_manager_impl.cpp

> [...]

This stack trace looks similar to stack in HARMONY-3772. There is a
patch there which changes localized logging output to plain and solves
the problem with log4cxx destructors in this way. The main problem
however is that EM cannot find client.emconf file and tries to print an
error message.

--
Gregory