harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [drlvm] run of smoke tests on overloaded box
Date Wed, 16 May 2007 15:20:53 GMT
Vladimir Ivanov wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> today I ran the DRLVM smoke tests on the SUSE 9 Linux x86_64 in
> parallel with stressing class (run 4 thread with infinite increment
> into cycle).

Do you mean the machine was out of virtual memory? If yes, it is
possible that VM crashed on malloc returning NULL, there are many places
where pointer returned by malloc is not checked (in debug mode usually
there is an assertion, but this assertion is a noop in release).

It would be useful to enable core dumps and at least look at the stack
trace for crashed tests.

--
Gregory