harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Pavel Pervov" <pmcfi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][jvmti] RedefineClasses.
Date Thu, 03 May 2007 08:17:35 GMT
George,

Constant pool indexes are used in class' bytecodes. We should either:
1) parse methods bytecodes in class file parser and provide per-instruction
interface to all other users of bytecode.
2) "Patch" bytecode with 32-bit constant pool indexes.

Both will affect EEs and verifier. I, personally, would prefer the first
one, cause it will allow to remove four other bytecode parsers we have now.

Pavel.

--
Pavel Pervov,