harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Fursov" <mike.fur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][jit][win64] why jit perfomance so low?
Date Tue, 22 May 2007 15:01:35 GMT
All,
I think this is not a good idea to make JIT always work in release mode.
I agree that STL performance we have in JIT in debug build is also almost
unusable on Windows64bit.
I propose learning MSVC2005 STL options and check is we can disable some
checks and speedup the JIT.
Here is an example of such an option:
http://groups.google.co.nz/group/microsoft.public.vc.stl/browse_thread/thread/24426056e5b256ea/0efe8dcc5f3ed97b?lnk=gst&q=debug+performance&rnum=2&hl=en#0efe8dcc5f3ed97b

Right now I can't test it because I run tests on my Windows64bit PC, but I
will check this one and other options tomorrow.

--
Mikhail Fursov