harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Fursov" <mike.fur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] how to select a proper constuctor to initialize object in drlvm
Date Fri, 11 May 2007 04:34:38 GMT
On 5/11/07, Tingpeng Wu <wutingpeng@gmail.com> wrote:

> Assuming there is an class named A, statement A a = new A(args list...)
> should do two tasks.
> 1) allocate space for object a

Check class_alloc_new_object(objClass); method

2) initialize the object a according to args list

I would be surprised if we have such functionality today.
All our usage scenarios are from bytecode and I know only interface to
obtain a method specifying enclosing class handle and constant pool index.
The initialization of object field is also inlined in bytecode, so no
special support needed here unless zeroing allocated object space by GC.

--
Mikhail Fursov