harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Ivan Popov" <ivan.g.po...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DRLVM][GC] I've made GCv5 the default GC
Date Mon, 07 May 2007 12:57:25 GMT
I see many Eclipse TPTP profiler tests failed today after switching
Harmony to GCv5. This failure needs deeper investigation, but at the
first glance it was caused by incorrect reporting JVMTI threads. Also,
I see strange threads list in Eclipse debugger. The "main" thread
group now contains lot of "finalizer" threads and does not include
"main" thread. Using gc_cc.dll solves this problem. I'm going to
submit JIRA against GCv5.

Thanks.
Ivan

PS:
Threads reported by Eclipse debugger (using gc_gen):

	HelloWorld at localhost:1067
		Thread Group [system]
			Thread Group [main]
				Daemon Thread [ref handler] (Running)
				Daemon Thread [finalizer] (Running)
				Daemon Thread [finalizer] (Running)
				Daemon Thread [finalizer] (Running)
				Daemon Thread [finalizer] (Running)
				Daemon Thread [finalizer] (Running)
				Daemon Thread [finalizer] (Running)
				Daemon Thread [finalizer] (Running)
				Daemon Thread [finalizer] (Running)

Threads reported by Eclipse debugger (using gc_cc.dll)

	HelloWorld at localhost:1045
		Thread Group [system]
			Daemon System Thread [FinalizerThread] (Running)
			Thread Group [main]
				Thread [main] (Suspended (breakpoint at line 5 in HelloWorld))
					HelloWorld.main(String[]) line: 5