harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Elford, Chris L" <chris.l.elf...@intel.com>
Subject RE: problem under windows
Date Thu, 24 May 2007 18:05:23 GMT
FYI, I have created http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-3961
To reflect this desired behavior.

Regards,
Chris Elford
Intel SSG/Enterprise Solutions Software Division

-----Original Message-----
From: Elford, Chris L [mailto:chris.l.elford@intel.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2007 9:46 AM
To: dev@harmony.apache.org
Subject: RE: problem under windows

Interesting.  Its good to hear that some thought has been given to P3
class systems.  I would think /arch:SSE would be okay.  This would let
us run on both P3s and Athlon (like the one that Michael was trying to
run on) which support both MMX and SSE but not SSE2.

Is there a compiler option that generates back-off MMX code on platforms
that don't support SSE or SSE2 instructions?  If so, it would result in
larger executables and might impact code locality but it might be a good
tradeoff.