harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Xiao-Feng Li" <xiaofeng...@gmail.com>
Subject [DRLVM][GC] I've made GCv5 the default GC
Date Sun, 06 May 2007 12:24:43 GMT
Hi, folks, I've switched GCv5 to be the default GC. In today's
CruiseControl tests with GCv5, shown at
http://www.harmonytest.org/upload/cc2.html, we can see all tests
passed. I known there are still potential bugs, we fix them once
exposed.

If you have some workloads having problem with GCv5, please try GCv4.1
with command option -XX:vm.dlls=gc_cc.dll . At the moment, there are
two known issues, one is the intermittent failure with kernel.test
java.langThreadTest; the other is that it has currently minimum 256MB
heap size. The former one is hard to reproduce, the second one is easy
to fix. Welcome feedbacks and suggestions. Thanks.

There are still lots of work to do to make Harmony GC close to be
perfect. To switch from GCv4.1 to GCv5 is only one step towards the
goal, well it is an important step in my opinion. Next step, besides
continuing GCv5 polishment, is to develop a low-pause-time GC. I will
post a high level design soon.

Thanks,
xiaofeng