harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Potje rode kool" <everttigchel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Compiler architecture
Date Thu, 31 May 2007 20:08:23 GMT
I don't want to do any bytecode manipulation stuff.
What I want is to compile some source code and I am looking for an "plugable
compiler"
where you can replace the source code parser and reuse the part of the
compiler that generates the bytecode.

With Java:

[JavaSourceParser] -> [Class file generator]

With language X:

[XSourceParser] -> [Class file generator]

So the parser builds the AST and pass it to the Clas file generator which
generates bytecode from it (no bytecode manipulation but the full bytecode).