harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Joshi, Shrinivas" <Shrinivas.Jo...@amd.com>
Subject Heap Size Limitation
Date Mon, 21 May 2007 20:29:59 GMT
Hi All,

I am using 5.0M1 JDK 32-bit for Windows on a 2 socket dual core system
with 8G of RAM. The system is running Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard
x64 Edition SP1. I am providing following VM arguments:

-Xem:server -Xms1500M -Xmx1500M

I get a Warning message which says "Heap size too large, reducing it to
900MB"

I suppose 900MB is not the upper bound on the heap size for Harmony. Can
someone please tell me what might be going on here?

Also is there a wiki page which lists all supported command line args to
the JVM?

Thanks,

-Shrinivas