harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Vladimir Ivanov" <ivavladi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] run of smoke tests on overloaded box
Date Thu, 17 May 2007 03:57:37 GMT
> I am afraid it's some threading issue that depends on timing (such as
> timedwait). It's interesting to know how RI behaves with those test
> cases.

Seems, these tests are runtime dependent. The test
gc.ThreadSuspension, for example, always failed on RI:
--output on RI -------------------
>sh run.sh
java version "1.5.0_09"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_09-b01)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 1.5.0_09-b01, mixed mode)
Thu May 17 10:51:15 NOVST 2007
-- starting unsuspendable computation --
-- starting suspendable computation --
forcing gc after 1 s delay
FAIL
-- unsuspendable computation finished --
gc completed
0
------------------------------------

and passed on DRLVM (non-loaded box):

-------output on DRLVM---
sh run.sh
Apache Harmony Launcher : (c) Copyright 1991, 2006 The Apache Software
Foundation or its licensors, as applicable.
java version "1.5.0"
pre-alpha : not complete or compatible
svn = r538790, (May 17 2007), Linux/em64t/gcc 3.3.3, debug build
http://incubator.apache.org/harmony
Thu May 17 10:55:26 NOVST 2007
-- starting unsuspendable computation --
-- starting suspendable computation --
forcing gc after 1 s delay
gc completed
PASS