harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Stepan Mishura" <stepan.mish...@gmail.com>
Subject [drlvm] antlr: migrate to v3 or may be eliminate this dependency? (Was: [drlvm][build] DRLVM build failed today: link should be updated)
Date Mon, 28 May 2007 04:16:34 GMT
Hi,

Currently we have broken DRL VM build because antlr jar v2.7.5 is not
available for download (I mean it is not possible to build it from
scratch. If you have the jar downloaded you have no problems with the
build). Sometime ago I filed  request to antlr site support team
pointing out that the download page[1] on the site offers the jar but
indeed the link is broken. But there is no progress in fixing the link
so far. And for me it is hard to predict when the issue will be
resolved.

I think we need to decide whether we migrate to v3 or eliminate this
dependency. I've found wiki page for migrating from v2 to v3 [2]. From
the first glance there are a lot of changes including 'general API
reorganisation'.

I can not estimate correctly how many efforts are required to migrate
to v3 or develop parsing functionality. So the question to DRLVM gurus
whether it make sense to migrate to v3 or we can remove the dependency
on antlr?

[1] http://www.antlr2.org/download.html
[2] http://www.antlr.org/wiki/display/ANTLR3/Migrating+from+ANTLR+2+to+ANTLR+3

Thanks,