harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Stepan Mishura" <stepan.mish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] Snapshots for Harmony v6.0 have been created - JAPI reports should be adjusted
Date Fri, 04 May 2007 10:16:24 GMT
On 5/4/07, Stuart Ballard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to get a chance to look at this
> for a couple of weeks as I'm about to leave on vacation. There's a
> chance I might be able to have a look at it while I'm gone but I don't
> want to make any promises I might not be able to keep. If you don't
> hear back from me by May 15, please prod me so I don't forget.
>
> I'm not following Harmony terribly closely these days so I have one
> question - I've always asked if there are "official" or semi-official
> nightly build binaries available for download anywhere, and in the
> past whenever I've asked the answer has been that there are only
> manually-updated ones available. Are there automatic nightly build
> snapshots available anywhere yet?

Currently the snapshots for v.5.0 are updated semi-automatically:
there is a script that is kicked when all CruiseControl testing
scenarios passed. They were updated 1-3 times per week. The logic was
to make sure that snapshots at least are not broken because they were
the only binaries we provided. But as far as we released our first
stable build it may be makes sense to schedule the script and run it
on nightly basis.

For v.6.0 this is a bit different story: we are going to build them
during some period of time on demand since there is no active code
development and regular testing for the branch. So the snapshots I
mentioned in the initial post are first snapshots for the branch.

Hope I answered your question.

Thanks,
Stepan.