harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Blewitt" <alex.blew...@gmail.com>
Subject Eclipse packaged with Harmony at SourceForge
Date Sun, 06 May 2007 09:05:28 GMT
Hi everyone,

A version of Eclipse packaged with Harmony (possibly the milestone)
has turned up at http://sourceforge.net/projects/eclipse-harmony/
listed as "Production/Stable" and using the description "A harmonic
combination of Eclipse and Apache Harmony JRE."

There doesn't seem to be any hint that either Harmony has not passed
the TCK at this stage, and nor that it's still a work-in-progress. I
feel that this may give Harmony a bad name since there are known
things that don't work (for example, there was a recent known issue
with the debugger not working with Eclipse, and I don't know if that
has been resolved, or if it has, whether it's in the build that was
used there).

At the very least, I'm not happy with either the implicit assertion of
stability/testing, or the association with JDK/JRE when we know we've
not passed the TCK yet.

What do others think?

Alex.