harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Ilya Berezhniuk" <ilya.berezhn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][performance] VM properties implementation is inefficient
Date Fri, 11 May 2007 17:41:35 GMT
Thank you, Rustem!

I was wondered with these results too. It's my fault; I actually used
default heap size for SPECjbb.

It means that real gain is much lower.
But if these modifications affect native part only, and its effect is
significant, I think it can be reasonable anyway.

Evgueni,

 One of hotspots I've found is using properties is verifier. It checks
verifier flags every time when invoked.

AFAIK, the count of properties is incomparably fewer than count of strings
parsed from class constant pools.
And loader_env->string_pool is already used to store constant strings, the
names of loaded libraries in natives support for example.

--

Ilya