harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Jimmy,Jing Lv" <firep...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Eclipse packaged with Harmony at SourceForge
Date Wed, 09 May 2007 10:11:19 GMT
However this is a good news for all of us Harmony guys, when other
communities recognize our work and eager to run their applications on
Harmony :-)
I remember a long time ago I do run eclipse on Harmony (though it is
by mistake, I set JAVA_HOME and system property "PATH" to harmony and
forget to set back, so eclipse started with Harmony, with IBMVME), it
worked quite well :)  A long time has passed and I believe Harmony can
work even better now. What's more, if someone run this combination and
do feed back bugs in Harmony, it is really good chance that we improve
Harmony (hey, we have to work hard then:) ).

I'm wondering if we can do something more. If we can make Harmony
better and more stable, we can work with other communities to build
"Harmony based" products.
When I run some java app on my firefox it should try to download a
jdk, so why not make a Harmony-Firefox? And why not Harmony-Tomcat?
There are so many well-known open source java-based program and
Harmony do have a lot of chances! Eclipse is only a beginning, right?
:-P

--

Best Regards!

Jimmy, Jing Lv