harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "LvJimmy´╝îJing" <firep...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib][sql] RI forgets to throw the exception?
Date Wed, 09 May 2007 09:05:53 GMT
Hi All,

     I meet something interesting when I try to improve/fix a bug on
javax.sql.rowset.serial.SerialJavaObject, the Spec reads:
(The constructor)
"public SerialJavaObject(Object obj)
                 throws SerialException
Throws:
    SerialException - if the object is found to be unserializable"

But a simple test shows that RI forgets to do so:
    public void test_Constructor() throws Exception {
        new SerialJavaObject(new Object());
    }
RI passed quickly on this test on my desktop(windows, both RI6 build
1.6.0-b105 and RI5 build 1.5.0_06)

IIRC, we should follow Spec than RI, so I suggest we throw the proper
exception here in our code.
Any comments/suggestions? Thanks!
--

Best Regards!