harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Vladimir Beliaev" <vladimir.k.beli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] antlr: migrate to v3 or may be eliminate this dependency? (Was: [drlvm][build] DRLVM build failed today: link should be updated)
Date Mon, 28 May 2007 16:01:24 GMT
AFAIK, the migration may take a time (several days?), so it is not an
immediate solution.

Having in mind the wish to get rid of antlr totally (pls, see
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-2052) let's get this
removal...

Meanwhile it is ok to just placed antlr-2.7.5.jar (which is "it is fully in
the public domain" lisense - pls, see http://www.antlr2.org/license.html) to
any shared location (like attachment in JIRA) and proceed working.

Say,

please changes the URL in
   working_vm/build/make/lnx.properties
    working_vm/build/make/win.properties
  https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12358381/antlr-2.7.5.jar

- it must resolve the issue.

Thanks
Vladimir Beliaev

2007/5/28, Xiao-Feng Li <xiaofeng.li@gmail.com>:

> [...]
> >
> > I think we need to decide whether we migrate to v3 or eliminate this
> > dependency. I've found wiki page for migrating from v2 to v3 [2]. From
> > the first glance there are a lot of changes including 'general API
> > reorganisation'.
> >
> > I can not estimate correctly how many efforts are required to migrate
> > to v3 or develop parsing functionality. So the question to DRLVM gurus
> > whether it make sense to migrate to v3 or we can remove the dependency
> > on antlr?
> >
> > [1] http://www.antlr2.org/download.html
> > [2]
> http://www.antlr.org/wiki/display/ANTLR3/Migrating+from+ANTLR+2+to+ANTLR+3
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Stepan.
> >
> > On 5/25/07, Vladimir Ivanov <ivavladimir@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > For me it does not work.
> > > I update link in the win/lnx.properties files and record in the
> > > setup.xml. After it I removed the build\pre-copied\common\ANTLR.txt
> > > file and run 'update'.
> > > It works fine. But then build of DRLVM failed on both lnx and Win with
> log like:
> > > <snip>
> > > build.java:
> > >     [echo] ## Building Java classes of 'vm.kernel_classes'
> > >    [mkdir] Created dir:
> > >
> C:\harmony.top\drlvm\trunk\build\win_ia32_msvc_debug\semis\vm\kernel_classes\_classes
> > > Overriding previous definition of reference to java.classes.pattern
> > >    [javac] Compiling 84 source files to
> > >
> C:\harmony.top\drlvm\trunk\build\win_ia32_msvc_debug\semis\vm\kernel_classes\_classes
> > >    [javac] ----------
> > >    [javac] 1. ERROR in
> > >
> C:\harmony.top\drlvm\trunk\vm\vmcore\src\kernel_classes\javasrc\org\apache\harmony\lang\reflect\parser\SignatureLexer2.java
> > >    [javac]  (at line 20)
> > >    [javac]     import antlr.TokenStream;
> > >    [javac]            ^^^^^
> > >    [javac] The import antlr cannot be resolved
> > >    [javac] ----------
> > >    [javac] 2. ERROR in
> > >
> C:\harmony.top\drlvm\trunk\vm\vmcore\src\kernel_classes\javasrc\org\apache\harmony\lang\reflect\parser\SignatureLexer2.java
> > >    [javac]  (at line 21)
> > >    [javac]     import antlr.TokenStreamException;
> > >    [javac]            ^^^^^
> > >    [javac] The import antlr cannot be resolved
> > >    [javac] ----------
> > >    [javac] 3. ERROR in
> > >
> C:\harmony.top\drlvm\trunk\vm\vmcore\src\kernel_classes\javasrc\org\apache\harmony\lang\reflect\parser\SignatureLexer2.java
> > >    [javac]  (at line 22)
> > >    [javac]     import antlr.Token;
> > >    [javac]            ^^^^^
> > >    [javac] The import antlr cannot be resolved
> > > <snip>
> > >    [javac] 118 problems (118 errors)

> > > Which step I missed?
> > >
> > >  thanks, Vladimir

> antlr-3.0

> message:
> > > > > >>
> C:\cruise\2.0\build\checkouts\drlvm\build\pre-copied\common\ANTLR\antlr-

JAR