harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Aleksey Ignatenko" <aleksey.ignate...@gmail.com>
Subject [drlvm][kernel]j.l.Compiler functionality is not implemeted - bug in Harmony?
Date Fri, 25 May 2007 11:20:33 GMT
Hi all, I want to ask about future of j.l.Compiler class in Harmony.

I see in drlvm kernel classes that most j.l.Compiler functions are
implemented with minimum spec requirements and do not provide any JIT
related functionality.
My question is if drlvm needs to support alternative JIT compiler using
j.l.Compiler functionality in future. The only way to effect JIT I know is
options like -Xem:opt, -Xem:jet and so on.

 Also I found that property java.compiler is set to "client" value by
default in Harmony (but not set in RI). Spec says that it is assumed to be
the name of a JIT library which is to be loaded by JVM with loadLibrary
method. After it was loaded java_lang_Compiler_start() is called to start
JIT. Can we consider this to be a bug in Harmony and file JIRA?

Thanks,
Aleksey Ignatenko.