harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Rana Dasgupta" <rdasg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][gc] when will switch to GCV5 happen?
Date Thu, 03 May 2007 16:12:44 GMT
I think that it should, as well. But maybe the priorities are not the same.

My suggestion would be to integrate GCv5 as the default as soon as we
can. It was switched out primarily because of the > 1.5 GB heap issue.
This should help it stabilize by regular testing etc.

The TM needs to work correctly and demonstrate elimitation of leaks
etc. with the default GC first. I think that the fix then needs to be
ported to 4.1, we want it to stay functional. A similar ( not quite
the same ) case is the two jits we support.

Thanks,
Rana