harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Markov" <mikhail.a.mar...@gmail.com>
Subject [nio_char][drlvm] Strange effect on DRLVM with charsets
Date Tue, 15 May 2007 05:17:08 GMT
Hi!

While investigating H-3307 I've found a strange effect on DRLVM. The
following code:
import java.nio.charset.Charset;

public class Test {
        System.out.println("print something...");
        Charset charset = Charset.forName("ISO-8859-1");
        charset.encode("\u3400");
        System.out.println("print something again...");
        System.out.println("and again...");
    }
}

prints additional symbols after charset.encode() line at the end of messages
in println():
print something...
print something again...→
and again...→

If i remove charset.encode() line then the output is ok:
print something...
print something again...
and again...

Another strange thing that if i remove first println line in the code above,
the last 2 println works ok, i.e. without any additional symbols

This effect is only reproducible on DRLVM. I'm not quite understand what
happens here.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Mikhail