harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Deakin <oliver.dea...@googlemail.com>
Subject [drlvm] Assertion when launching with a simple launcher
Date Thu, 31 May 2007 13:25:53 GMT
Hi all,

I was taking a look at HARMONY-4006 and thought I'd try creating a
simple launcher as a test. I updated my federated build checkout and
rebuilt everything, giving me the usual hdk structure under the target
directory (drlvm+classlib). I can successfully use the Harmony launcher
to run simple classes (i.e. HelloWorld) but when I try to run HelloWorld
using my own launcher I get the following message:

  EM: Can't read configuration from './client.emconf'

and an assertion pop-up window appears giving me the following information:

  Debug Assertion Failed!
  Program: C:\harmony\temp\jnitest\simpleLaunchFederated.exe
  File: dbgheap.c
  Line: 1132
  Expression: _CrtIsValidHeapPointer(pUserData)

The stack trace windbg shows me at the point of assertion is:

  ntdll!DbgBreakPoint
  ntdll!RtlpBreakPointHeap+0x28
  ntdll!RtlpValidateHeapEntry+0x113
  ntdll!RtlValidateHeap+0xe0
  kernel32!HeapValidate+0x14
  em!_CrtIsValidHeapPointer+0xa4
[f:\vs70builds\3077\vc\crtbld\crt\src\dbgheap.c @ 1807]
  em!_free_dbg_lk+0x102 [f:\vs70builds\3077\vc\crtbld\crt\src\dbgheap.c
@ 1132]
  em!_free_dbg+0x41 [f:\vs70builds\3077\vc\crtbld\crt\src\dbgheap.c @ 1070]
  em!operator delete+0xaa
[f:\vs70builds\3077\vc\crtbld\crt\src\dbgdel.cpp @ 54]
  em!std::allocator<char>::deallocate+0x17 [c:\program files\microsoft
visual studio .net 2003\vc7\include\xmemory @ 132]
  em!std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char>
2003\vc7\include\xstring @ 1519]
  em!std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char>
 >::~basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char>
 >+0x1a [c:\program files\microsoft visual studio .net
2003\vc7\include\xstring @ 458]
  em!LogParams::~LogParams+0x44
[c:\harmony\svn-checkouts\federated\working_vm\vm\port\include\logparams.h
@ 54]
  em!readFile+0x54b
[c:\harmony\svn-checkouts\federated\working_vm\vm\em\src\drlemimpl.cpp @
332]
  em!DrlEMImpl::readConfiguration+0x366
[c:\harmony\svn-checkouts\federated\working_vm\vm\em\src\drlemimpl.cpp @
355]
  em!DrlEMImpl::init+0x48
[c:\harmony\svn-checkouts\federated\working_vm\vm\em\src\drlemimpl.cpp @
364]
  em!DrlEMFactory::createAndInitEMInstance+0xa9
[c:\harmony\svn-checkouts\federated\working_vm\vm\em\src\drlemimpl.cpp @ 55]
  em!CreateInstance+0x3c
[c:\harmony\svn-checkouts\federated\working_vm\vm\em\src\em_intf.cpp @ 132]
  harmonyvm!CmCreateInstance+0xac
[c:\harmony\svn-checkouts\federated\working_vm\vm\vmstart\src\compmgr\component_manager_impl.cpp

@ 584]
  harmonyvm!process_properties_dlls+0x1bd
[c:\harmony\svn-checkouts\federated\working_vm\vm\vmcore\src\init\vm_init.cpp
@ 135]

I can successfully use exactly the same launcher to create the RI and J9
VMs and run simple classes, so was surprised to hit this problem with
the Harmony vm. Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Oliver

--