harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [vote] HARMONY-3363 - Alternative Bytecode Verifier
Date Thu, 31 May 2007 09:44:55 GMT
Alexei Fedotov wrote:
> What do you mean by accepting? Does it mean that you want to commit it?

Accepting means that
 - pmc members have had a chance to verify the basis of the contribution
(through accompanying paperwork that is not generally available to all)

 - everyone gets a chance to express an opinion about whether the
contribution is in keeping with the goals of the project

We are interested in any reason why people think we should not accept
this code.  The vote is conducted in public so everyone gets a voice.
We just ask that if you vote 'reject' you also tell us why.

Once accepted the code can be committed into our SVN repository, but
that is not the end of the discussion and evaluation.  Collectively we
may then decide that the contribution is new functionality that simply
adds to the existing body of code, or that we should replace existing
functionality with the incoming contribution, or that we maintain it as
an alternative implementation, etc.

Accepting here does not mean this contribution will be the one and only
bytecode verifier going forward.

Regards,
Tim