harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][tools] Removing tools module
Date Thu, 03 May 2007 09:19:09 GMT
Stepan Mishura wrote:
> On 5/3/07, Tim Ellison wrote:
>> Vladimir Ivanov wrote:
>> > OK. Now CC/CI systems checkout CLASSLIB and DRLVM as separated
>> workspaces.
>>
>> And you will need "jdktools" to get a launcher.  If people prefer that
>> the launcher is built from classlib again then that is fine, I can put
>> it back.  My understanding was that it was moved to jdktools for a
>> reason and removing the duplication meant removing the copy from
>> classlib.  I can remove the duplication in the other direction if people
>> prefer.
>>

> I'd prefer to have the launcher in classlib. I can not recall strong
> reason to have it in jdktools. As I understand not we have to build
> jdktools just to run classlib tests with IBM VME (or any other VM).
> And it looks quite confusing for me.

It was never my intention to cause trouble, so I'm happy to restore the
launcher to classlib LUNI either permanently or at least until we have
had a full discussion.  I will, however, also remove it from jdktools
now so that we only have one copy.

[ In my defence, I did announce I was doing this at the top of this
thread [1], and gave everyone about four hours to respond :-) ]

[1]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/harmony-dev/200705.mbox/%3c46386C53.90106@gmail.com%3e

Regards,
Tim