harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][tools] Removing tools module
Date Thu, 03 May 2007 08:42:02 GMT
Vladimir Ivanov wrote:
> OK. Now CC/CI systems checkout CLASSLIB and DRLVM as separated workspaces.

And you will need "jdktools" to get a launcher.  If people prefer that
the launcher is built from classlib again then that is fine, I can put
it back.  My understanding was that it was moved to jdktools for a
reason and removing the duplication meant removing the copy from
classlib.  I can remove the duplication in the other direction if people
prefer.

> First of all, after svn update I have
> modules\tools\bin\test\org\apache\harmony\tests\tools\javac\MainTest.class
> file in the tools directory (and some other classes). So before the
> update we should use clean target.

Yep, seems that there is some manual tidy up required after updating
from SVN to remove old copies of the tools files from classlib.

> And funny thing: when I remove tools module manually no 'java' file in
> the 'bin' directory after the build.

I don't understand what you mean here.

> Does it mean that I should use only HDK build to run something?

When you copy together the results of the classlib, jdktools, and vm you
have enough files to package as an HDK/JDK/JRE.  We emit enough files
from each working directory to satisfy packaging them in any
configuration.  At the moment, we don't have a build target to create
only files required for a JRE etc.

Of course, you can build a single working_* against an HDK and just work
on the area of code you are interested in.

Regards,
Tim