harmony-dev mailing list archives

From George Timoshenko <george.timoshe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][jvmti] RedefineClasses.
Date Wed, 02 May 2007 06:05:17 GMT
Hello Pavel, Egor, community.

I understand what Egor has wrote.
But the idea of constant pool usage in a method is not clear for me.

Managed code does not work with constant pool at runtime, right?
All cp indexes were processed when the method was compiled.

If we are talking about objects (and their fields) creating the merged
pool of fields should not be affected by indexes and their 16-bit limit.
The patching is needed here (Egor wrote about it) to substitute old
links with new "redefined" fields/methods addresses.

Pavel, could you please clarify how the merged constant pool is supposed
to be used.

George.