harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Nathan Beyer" <ndbe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [bti] Harmony Build and Testing Infrastructure - Directions for further development
Date Thu, 17 May 2007 02:52:35 GMT
Can we work on getting some valid instructions for what's currently
there? I've tried doing what the README [1] suggests, but it just
doesn't work.

Under "Using BT Infrastructure" it has steps for setting stuff up, but
I can't even get passed step 2. Granted, the document says something
about "vision", but I'd like to see some instructions that actually
work, so I can get it to work.

Additionally, I find that having two targets "install" and "setup" in
the main build file to be very confusing. Which should be run first?
"install" doesn't seem to do anything. "setup" runs, but bombs out the
first time saying that required parameters are needed, but the
'required-parameters.properties' file isn't generated until after
"setup" is run. Ahh, the insanity!

-Nathan

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/harmony/enhanced/buildtest/branches/2.0/README.txt