harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Nathan Beyer" <ndbe...@apache.org>
Subject [general] Different msvcr71.dll versions
Date Tue, 15 May 2007 01:23:09 GMT
I've been running into the following problem with the msvcr71.dll
that's copied from my windows/system32.

File depends/libs/windows.x86/msvcr71.dll has incorrect md5 checksum.  Expected:

  86f1895ae8c5e8b17d99ece768a70732
found:
  ca2f560921b7b8be1cf555a5a18d54c3

I thought perhaps it was just a problem on one of my servers, but I've
run into this on multiple machines. What I've found is that there's a
VS2003 service pack (SP1) that were installed on my servers when I
recently installed VS2003, which seems to change the msvcr71.dll in at
least a minor way; enough to change the md5 sum.

Would anyone object to updating the build files to use this new
checksum and changing the build instructions to use VS2003 SP1?

Another option would be to check both hashes and allow if one is fine.

-Nathan